Monday, February 20, 2012

Spring is right around the corner Blog Hop!



The Magnolia-licious Highlites Design Team is hopping into Spring this month! What fun and inspiration there is in store for you.

If you've hopped on over from the extremely creative and talented Mindy's blog you're headed in the right direction! If you've just jumped into my blog, please go Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to get the right order. From here you're going to head on over to the equally talented Sharon's blog to feast your eyes on her magnificent creation. I'm telling you girls, you don't want to miss a single stop on this hop!

I had kind of worked ahead on my card this time while I waited for my SU Blushing Bride cardstock to arrive. So when it did arrive, the card just fell into place. This month I have chosen the completely adorable #321 Hello Little Butterfly image from Magnolia-licious. I'm sorry to say that she is only available in the Mini size at the moment. You'll have to check with Diana to see if she will be stocking this image in the near future.

So here is what I came up with...



And here's a close up of this pretty Tilda...



As you know I really prefer to work with soft colors and use lots of flowers and pearls. I can really get creative in this medium!

I always like to show you a side angle view of my cards...



I was so inspired by my pretty dp in pink that I got a little carried away on the inside. I don't think there are really any 'pink' mushrooms, except in Fairy land, but for me there is...



Here is the salutation panel. I made a pocket and jazzed it up and added another oval shape to write out your greeting...



Here is the panel out of the pocket...



And to bring it all to a close, here is my 'artsy' angled photo...



For those who are interested, here is my card recipe:

Card Stock - SU Blushing Bride, Generic white and Xpress It Blending card
DP - Vintage Whimsey by 'the girl's paperie' which I found at my local LSS
Copics:
Skin - E0000, 00, 11, chalk for cheeks
Hair - E30, 31, 34
Apron/Mushrooms - R81, 83, 85, E40, 41, 42, 43
Leaves - G43
Dress/Boots - C00, 1, 3
SB Classic Ovals Large and Large Scalloped
Magnolia Vintage Lace die, Hear Swirl Die
Flowers/ribbon/pearls - stash
Butterflies - MS punch
Distress Inks - tattered rose and weathered wood

Now that you've finished your hop stop here at my blog please don't forget to head on over the the uber talented Sharon Caudle's blog. There's lots more spring inspiration ahead of you, so keep on hoppin'.

43 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful I love the soft pink it is so soothing.

    I have My First free candy on my blog if you want to enter the drawing.

    Hugs Tammy Ortiz
    Blog: http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so precious Barb. The DP you picked on this card is so delightful and Tilda looks so adorable :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Barb and what a nifty idea for the inside! You ladies on the DT are so good with blending your colors! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this card is so pretty and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful card you have made i really like the spring theme and the colors.

    with love

    celine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful, Barb!! I love the soft colors!! Pink with a bit of green is a favorite of mine!! I even have some of this paper!! Hmmm! YOu have me thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this card is so adorable! Love this soft pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Barb, beautiful papers and your images are colored so perfectly
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just magnificent the Mini image is adorable and what a magical card for her to adorn!! Oh and I'm loving the pink mushrooms just divine!! lol Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Wonderful. My favorite color combination green-pink. Love how you made inside the card. Hugs. Lily Anuska

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Barb, this is totally gorgeous. Your DP's and your colorchoice is so beautiful. Also Tilda is looking awesome on your beautiful design. And i love all the details.
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, Barb. I love your card. Stunningly gorgeous. I love this Tilda. The Butterfly Dream Collection is my fave colletion--I like most of the stamps there. Love the soft colours. Gorgeous DP's. Ooh, I love the hidden panel in pocket idea of the inside of your card--going to 'borrow' that for my card too. Thanks.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Barb, this is soooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your soft and pretty colors and your coloring is always sheer perfection! A truly stunning creation from your talented little hands! Hope you're doing well!!
    big hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG.. Barb, what a sweet card. so soft. and pink, as i love them. papers and colors are magnificient, and so well orchestrated, a perfect harmony. I so love this tilda, she is awesome. of course... one of my favourites. I looooove the inside, the pink mushrooms and the lovely space for writing. have a beautiful day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the card. The inside is awesome as this area I have a hard time completing the inside of my cards. I never know what to do. Thanks for some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb this is stunning! LOVE the colors. It's so easy to make pink pretty, isn't it? :)

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Barb!!! Pink is definitely the new 'spring' color! Love how soft and sweet this card is. Just beautiful!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautifull card Barb. I also love how you decorated the inside!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow barb this is my kind of card!!!! Love the design inside outside the back and front the whole thing is Stunning!!!!!! Excellent work again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So soft and pretty!!! The colours are beautiful and that image is oh so sweet!!! Lovin' your artsy angled shot too hehe!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's one of my all time favourites and you've definitely done her justice Barb. Delightful creation, I love the sweet DP and soft colours, Just Beautiful inside and out
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats an very nice card oriject,, looks wonderful and the lovely details...great!
    Like the way you style all sites of the card!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!! I love the softness of this. Tilda is just so pretty in pink. And love the way you got carried away on the inside, just as pretty as the outside. Wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how sweet and gorgeous! Gorgeous papers, and Tilda is so sweet in her pink dress! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just Gorgeous. wow, the colors and design are awesome
    hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty spring card, inside and out, Barb! I love the soft pinks and of course this sweet Tilda so beautifully colored!

    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Barb!
    An amazing card. I love it. Fabulous job on the inside as well. Super coloring.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow Barb!! This card is so gorgeous!! Lovely design and pretty colors for Spring!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous, stunning, oh Barb, this is so darling, so perfect for our little Miss butterfly Tilda.. She is so adorable in her pink penefore and white and love her shading.. your layout is so perfect and your inside is as interesting as your outside. A magnificent card!!!
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!this card is stunning. I Love the fresh colours of spring that you have chosen. The inside and outside is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this truly inspiring work of art
    hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful Barb! I love the colors and the design! Tilda never looked more adorable! I also love the pocket on the inside!
    Sorry I missed you great gals when Suzanne came to town!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Barb!! This card is stunning!!!! Tilda is so adorable!!
    Hugs
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Barb! Your card is so beautiful. Love the soft colors. Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  35. So beautiful, Barb! I'm a pink girl too :o)
    Your design paper is wonderful. Love the little butterfly you put on your ribbon. Very nice inside design of this card. Of course Tilda is wonderful!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a lovely spring card. I love the fact that you have decorated all card sides . Thank you for sharing.
    Enjoy your day.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sweet card, love all the inside details.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Barb, your card is so darling! I love the DP's that you used and how you beautifully colored Tilda to match! Pink and green is one of my favorite color combos! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a superb Spring card, it's gorgeous. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your card and the colors are perfect. The details you added inside are wonderful as well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your card is so adorable! You've coloured Tilda to perfection and I love the soft colour and pattern in the DP. The little pocket is a wonderful detail too.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb